We can all benefit from a bit of extra support from time to time, whether it's due to age, ill health, disability, mental health problems, financial worries or language barriers.
Our Priority Services are free and could help you, your family or your friends benefit from additional support from us so we can respond quickly to any particular needs.
If you would like to register for Priority Services, please fill in our secure online form below or call our dedicated Customer Care Team on 0333 000 2468. We're here to help Monday to Friday between 8am - 7pm.
Even if you don't need these services yourself, you may have a family member, friend or neighbour who might benefit from a little extra support, so please let them know about Priority Services. It's completely free to our customers and you don't have to be the named bill payer to benefit from them.
Watch the short video below to hear about how Priority Services work and what we're doing with other utility companies to promote them.
By registering for our Priority Services, you can:
- Receive prior warning of planned work which may interrupt your water supply
- Receive priority treatment should your water supply be interrupted (we aim to arrange an alternative source as quickly as possible, and will often hand-deliver bottled drinking water to our customers with mobility issues)
- Receive important information in a more convenient format, such as large print or the spoken word, where our normal presentation style is not suitable
- Register your own spoken or written password for our staff to use so that customers can identify them if we need to call at your home
- Nominate somebody else to receive your water bill on your behalf, or someone we should contact if it remains unpaid (the person you nominate must agree to this)
- Receive easy-to-read, large print bills (we can also arrange to call you and read your bill to you)
- If English isn't your first language we may be able to help you with our interpretation service when you call
- Receive information about specialist organisations which are able to provide advice on possible adaptations to water fittings and appliances around the home
"We understand that our services are your lifelines, and when it comes to managing your electricity, gas and water, there are times when a little extra help can make all the difference to you." – Tanya Sephton, Customer Services Director, South East Water
Are you finding it difficult to use our website? We've added a clever tool to assist those with additional needs or customers whose first language isn't English.
Simple and intuitive to use, 'Recite Me' includes audio playback functionality, dyslexia software, an interactive dictionary and a translation tool with up to 90 languages. It even has the ability to change the entire colour scheme, font size and style – with a bottom-heavy font for anyone with dyslexia.
To find out more about Recite Me click here. To access it, all you need to do is click on the blue button to the right of this page that says ‘Speak or translate me'.
There are a number of independent organisations which offer independent advice on a range of different subjects, from disability and ill health to wellbeing and financial worries. Click below to find out more on our dedicated webpage.
Action on Hearing Loss
The Citizens’ Advice Bureau
The address and telephone number of your local office can be found on the below website: