Moving home's a doddle with our easy checklist...
1. Tell us about your move
If you haven't done so already, the first thing you need to do is tell us your new address using our simple online form.
Don't forget to register for an online account during the process and join the thousands of customers benefiting from paper-free bills and 24/7 access to their account.
2. Set up your Direct Debit
More than 80% of our customers pay by Direct Debit. Why not join them?
You choose the day of the month the money comes out of your account, and our clever algorithm will determine whether you're paying too much or too little and adjust the amount accordingly.
3. Plan for the worst
Register your postcode on our live map to get free alerts on supply interruptions via text or email. Don't worry, we'll never share your details or hassle you with anything other than updates on your water supply.
It's also a good idea to make sure you know where your stop tap is (most are under the kitchen sink or in the cupboard under the stairs), as you may need to turn your water off quickly if your pipes freeze or burst.
If you ever need to find an approved plumber in your area, we recommend WaterSafe – a one-stop shop which brings together thousands of qualified plumbers. Visit www.watersafe.org.uk or call 0333 207 9030.
4. Configure your washing machine / dishwasher
Most of the water we supply in the south east is hard, as it comes from underground chalk aquifers with high levels of calcium.
If you need to configure your dishwasher or washing machine in your new home, you can find out the exact hardness of your water by using our postcode checker. For a behind the scenes look at how we treat your water, click here.
6. Bag yourself some freebies
Order your FREE water-saving gadgets below and join the thousands of people who are already saving water, energy and money.
Need a bit of extra support?
We're committed to providing an exceptional service to all of our customers, whatever their circumstances.
That's why we offer something called a Priority Services Register. It's a free service for our customers who are deaf, blind, disabled or suffering from a long term illness.
Not only can we help with things like easy-to-read, large print bills, we can also make sure that in the unlikely event you have no water, we get bottled water to you as a priority.
To find out more or register as a priority customer, click on the link below.
Good to know
- We supply you with fresh water only. This means that, although we bill on their behalf, your waste water services will be provided by either Thames Water or Southern Water. To find out which one, pop your postcode into Water UK's website here.
- If you're on a meter (90% of properties in our area are), we'll take a meter reading every six months. There's no need for you to submit a meter reading online (although you can here if you want to).
- If you want to know more about how your bill is worked out, or how much your water costs, please see our FAQs page here.