Water supply exemption request

If an un-metered property is empty but the water supply is required, full charges still apply and will continue to be billed. 

Please use the form below to request an exemption if you are happy for us to turn off the water supply so that the charges can be waived while the property is empty.

If a property is unoccupied as a result of the householder going into hospital or residential care we will waive charges from the date the property became empty.  Normally, this will be made retrospectively once the full period of exemption is known.

Alternatively, you could apply for a water meter to be installed so you only pay for water which is used together with a standing charge. 

Find out more and apply for a water meter

Please note that by submitting this application for exemption you are accepting that South East Water may choose to turn off the water supply to safeguard the supply.

Fields marked with * are required.

Your Enquiry
Your contact details:

The information we collect from you is used by us to provide you with water services. This means we can use it to help detect and quantify water leakage; manage the water network; for billing, payment and debt collection purposes and helping us to fulfil our duty to encourage water efficiency. As a water company we may need to appoint other people to help us fulfil our functions and we may need to pass your information to them. Please be assured that we treat your information with the utmost security and you can go to our information policy to see how we use and protect your information:

Read our information policy