Our aim is to offer a service tailored to the needs of each individual customer.
That's why we offer a wide range of free services in the form of Service Plus, which is not only for those with mobility restrictions, but also for our customers who are deaf, blind or partially sighted, disabled, those suffering from a long term sickness or illness, and our elderly customers.
We've also just launched a new feature on our website to assist those with additional needs or customers whose first language isn't English.
Click the Aa symbol on the right hand side of this page to view the website in different languages, change the size and type of the font, and even the entire colour scheme of the website to suit your personal preferences. The audio playback feature means you can even get the information on the screen read out to you.
Customers registering with Service Plus can choose to:
- Receive prior warning of planned work which may mean interrupting your water supply.
- Receive priority treatment should your water supply be interrupted. We would aim to arrange an alternative source as quickly as possible, which could include hand-delivery of bottled drinking water.
- Receive important information in a more convenient format, such as large print or the spoken word, where our normal presentation style is not suitable.
- Register their own spoken or written password for our staff to use so that customers can identify them if we need to call at your home.
- Nominate somebody else to receive your water bill on your behalf, or someone we should contact if it remains unpaid (the person you nominate must agree to this)
- Receive easy-to-read, large print bills for the partially sighted. We can also arrange to call you and read your bill to you.
- If your first language is not English we may be able to help you with our interpretation service when you call.
- Receive information about specialist organisations which are able to provide advice on possible adaptations to water fittings and appliances around the home.
We're not able to reduce our bills, but we can help by ensuring we provide the right sort of services to meet the additional needs of our customers, or family members who may be caring for them.
The information you provide will only be used by authorised staff for the purpose of managing our services to you.