There are lots of simple ways to save water in the garden. Here are our top five tips:
- Install a water butt to collect rainwater for plants
- Ditch the sprinkler and hose for a watering can
- Apply mulch to reduce moisture loss
- Recycle bath or shower water if it's not too greasy
- Use water crystals in pots and hanging baskets
On average, the water we use in the garden makes up about six per cent of our daily use, but on hot days this can soar to 70 per cent.
This is mainly due to sprinklers that can use as much water in an hour as a family of six in one day.
Find out more:
Enter to win a free water butt
Please click the stars above to rate this answer from 1 (worst) to 5 (best)
Comment on this answer
(please do not use this box for other enquiries)