If your pipes have frozen, please follow these instructions:
- Turn off the water supply at the internal stop tap - this is usually located under the kitchen sink or in the downstairs cloakroom
- Check to see if the pipe has burst
- Open the affected tap
- Slowly thaw the pipe with hot water bottles or a towel soaked in hot water, starting at the end nearest the tap.
- Never use a naked flame, hairdryer or blowtorch to thaw the pipe.
- Don't leave taps dripping or running as the water may not drain down the plughole if the pipe below is frozen
If in any doubt, turn off the internal stop tap and call an approved plumber.
Find out more:
Please click the stars above to rate this answer from 1 (worst) to 5 (best)
Comment on this answer
(please do not use this box for other enquiries)