Since the privatisation of the water industry in 1989, water companies have invested billions of pounds to improve water quality and the security of supplies.
Between 2010 and 2015 we are investing £390 million to continue to improve our performance for our customers.
This investment includes:
• £54 million on reinforcing strategic water mains
• £75 million on renewing existing water mains
• £38 million on refurbishing water treatment works
• £45 million on installing meters for customers
• £10 million on improving tap water quality
This will enable us to tap into more water supplies, treat more water and extend our regional water grid to move water around more easily to drier areas.